Applying for Aid


The first and most important step in applying for financial aid is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and send it to the federal processor. 

Most FAFSAs are filed online and signed electronically using a Federal Student Aid ID (or FSA ID).

After your FAFSA has been processed, the Financial Aid Office will notify you about your eligibility for financial aid. 

Our FAFSA school code is 006214 We encourage students to file the FAFSA beginning October 1st.

Special Circumstances

The Financial Aid Office understands that the family’s ability to contribute toward academic expenses may change since the time of filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If a major change occurs in your financial situation, you may submit a Special Circumstances Form to the Financial Aid Office to review your situation.

Examples include:


  • Loss of Employment
  • Reduction of Income
  • Marital Status
  • Death of Parent or Spouse
  • Healthcare Expenses
  • Other

Appeals are reviewed by a committee process and are handled on a case-by-case basis, with the judgment of the administrator serving as the final decision. Requests may be denied for other reasons such as excessive requests, progress toward degree completion, or excessive student loan debt. Please allow up to two to three weeks of processing once all required documentation is received.

Selected for Verification 

Students will be notified by email and/or mail that they have been selected for verification on their FAFSA. This notification will be sent by the Financial Aid Office. This verification notice will state what items are needed for verification. Please submit all paperwork at the same time. Forms are located under Financial Aid Forms. Financial aid awards will not be finalized until the Financial Aid Office has completed the student’s verification.

IRS Tax Return Transcript Request Process

Federal income tax filers (students and parents) who elect not to use the IRS Data Retrieval Process or do not qualify to use the IRS Data Retrieval Process must submit an IRS Tax Transcript to the financial aid office. To request a transcript free of charge from the IRS, select one of the following methods. Your Federal income tax return must be accepted by the IRS and you must pay your IRS tax liability, if applicable, before you can request a transcript.

An IRS Tax Return Transcript may be obtained through:

  •  Get Transcript by MAIL – Go to, under the Tools heading, click "Get a tax transcript.” Click “Get Transcript by MAIL.” Make sure to request the “IRS Tax Return Transcript” and NOT the “IRS Tax Account Transcript.”
  • Get Transcript ONLINE – Go to, under the Tools heading, click "Get a tax transcript." Click “Get Transcript ONLINE.” Make sure to request the “IRS Tax Return Transcript” and NOT the “IRS Tax Account Transcript.”
  • Automated Telephone Request – 1-800-908-9946
  • Paper Request Form – IRS Form 4506T-EZ or IRS Form 4506-T

** If you are unable to obtain the required Federal Tax Return Transcript(s) by using one of the above methods you will need to contact the IRS at 800-829-1040 or visit your local Internal Revenue Service Office to obtain a copy.

Process for Non-Tax Filers

Students and parents who are not required to file a Federal income tax return must submit copies of their W-2 forms to confirm income earned from work.

*Documentation of non-filing is required. You can request that documentation at You will need to provide us with a Verification of Non-filing letter.