Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing & Health Sciences has a long and rich history. Our program was founded in 1891 in an effort to expand formal educational opportunities that would enable us to better care for our community. This spirit of commitment to community and education continues to be present in our current programs, instruction, and services.
Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing & Health Sciences: About Us
We have consistently maintained high standards for nursing education. In 1909, Blessing-Rieman was among the first accredited nursing schools in the nation. Today, we maintain national and regional accreditation. Read more about accreditation.
Highlights of our program include:
- Reputable clinical partner: Our proximity to the seven-city-block campus of Blessing Hospital gives you convenient access to our parent organization and clinical experience partner. The hospital has received national recognition for delivering exceptional care to patients with complex conditions such as heart failure. Find out more about Blessing Hospital.
- Collaboration: Strategic partnerships assist in giving you the best possible education. We partner with two local liberal arts colleges, ensuring you receive a well-rounded education. We provide exceptional clinical experience (clinicals) in collaboration with community agencies. Clinicals are also available through our parent organization, Blessing Hospital. Learn more about our partner organizations.
- Innovative research: Robust research efforts and a commitment to following best practices enable Blessing-Rieman to stay at the forefront of nursing education. Our research interests include clinical simulation experiences and improving student outcomes. Find out more about research, grants, and scholarly activities.
- A track record of high nursing examination pass rates: To become a registered nurse (RN) or healthcare professional, you must pass the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®). Blessing-Rieman students have met or exceeded national pass rates for years. Find out more about our retention, completion, & NCLEX pass rates.
Our Mission, Vision, and Values
Our mission, vision, and values are the guiding principles of everything we do.
The mission of Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing & Health Sciences is to provide excellence in professional nursing and healthcare career education.
The College will be recognized as a caring and engaged learning community, committed to preparing healthcare leaders for success and lifelong learning, enriched by promoting whole person care, quality, and safety.
Our values include providing an education that encompasses:
More Information About Blessing-Rieman
Meeting the needs of the people we serve is our top priority. These efforts include maintaining ethical and responsible operational practices and complying with applicable laws, including:
- Following the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990: Blessing-Rieman complies with the requirements of the ADA so that all students have access to a quality education. Our efforts include making reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Find out more about ADA compliance.
- Having a board of trustees: The Blessing-Rieman Board of Trustees oversees our academic programs. Trustees are responsible for governance and making decisions in the best interest of the College. Meet our Board of Trustees.
- Maintaining campus safety: Nothing is more important than assuring the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. We maintain a campus safety program, including procedures for preventing, reporting, and investigating misconduct of any kind. Find out more about our commitment to campus safety.
- Complying with the Illinois Nurse Practice Act: The Act describes the laws of the nursing profession in the state of Illinois. The Act also establishes rules and regulations to protect patients from unsafe nursing practices. Find out more about the Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
- Sharing information about our organization: As a student or prospective student, you have a right to certain information about Blessing-Rieman. We offer information on a broad range of topics, including fire safety and textbooks. Find out more about institutional disclosures and consumer information.
- Maintaining your privacy: We honor the privacy of students, faculty, staff, and visitors. We do not collect unnecessary information about you. When we do collect information, such as during the application process, we only share it to the level necessary for carrying out standard college operations. Read our privacy notice.