BSN at Blessing-Rieman: Why Choose Us?
Our graduates enter the workforce with excellent clinical reasoning skills. These skills give you confidence in caring for patients with complex conditions and help you advance quickly in your career.
Earning your degree through our BSN option offers many benefits, including:
- Hands-on learning: Starting sophomore year, you work one-on-one with an instructor in our multimillion dollar Simulation Center. This state-of-the-art learning environment allows you to master nursing skills, so you feel confident the moment you walk into a clinical setting. Read more about our Simulation Center.
- Small class size: Blessing-Rieman maintains low student-teacher ratios. In a smaller class setting, we are able to tailor instruction so you can achieve your academic goals. Read more program highlights.
- Expert faculty: When you come to Blessing-Rieman, you learn from expert nurse educators. Our faculty members are involved in both local and national efforts to shape nursing and healthcare policies. In addition to presenting research findings at national conferences, we are also actively involved in Political Action Day in Springfield, Illinois, and Jefferson City, Missouri. Learn more about our faculty and staff.
BSN Option Information
At Blessing-Rieman, your BSN education includes a combination of coursework and hands-on clinical experience:
- General education coursework in math, science, and writing helps you learn how to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively as a team. These courses are available through your choice of one of two local liberal arts colleges: Culver-Stockton College and Quincy University.
- Nursing coursework at Blessing-Rieman helps you learn evidence-based nursing concepts and critical thinking skills, preparing you for the hands-on portion of your education. See a sample CSC or QU class schedule
- Clinical experiences give you opportunities to apply course concepts in clinical settings. Your experiences include more than 800 hours in simulated and real-life care settings. Find out more about clinical experience (clinicals).
Apply to the Blessing-Rieman BSN Option
At Blessing-Rieman, we make it easy to navigate the application process. Our team of dedicated admissions counselors tell you more about our BSN program and answer any questions you may have. Find out more about admissions.
Take the first steps toward applying to our BSN program by submitting:
- An application to the liberal arts partner college of your choice: Culver-Stockton College or Quincy University
- Official transcripts to one of the partner colleges
- An application to Blessing-Rieman, either by visiting our application portal or completing a written basic track application
- Financial aid forms: Nine out of 10 Blessing-Rieman students receive some form of financial aid.