Welcome Online Students!
Below you will find helpful resources that makes online learning more convenient for you.
Online Student Portals
For all other IT needs please visit the IT Help Desk webpage.
Student Services Requirements for Online Students
Once you have been accepted you will need to complete forms for our Student Services Department.
Please visit our Student Services Requirements page to complete this information.
Financial Aid Information
Next, you will need to contact the Financial Aid office to complete the appropriate financial aid forms and talk with our Financial Aid Coordinator, Erin McHargue at 1-800-877-9140, ext. 6993.
Click here for more information about Financial Aid.
FAFSA School Code 0064214
To register for classes you will use your Academic Advisors.
For HIM, you will work with Kim Erskine, MSN, RN, Academic Advisor.
Contact Kim Erskine
For RN-BSN, you will work with Brandi Venvertloh, PhD, RN, Coordinator of the RN-BSN Program.
Contact Brandi Venvertloh
For MSN program you will work with Erica Alexander, PhD, RN, CNE, Associate Professor & Master's Program Coordinator.
Contact Erica Alexander
Course Materials and Text Books
To order course materials and text books please visit our Book List page.
*Please have books and course materials prior to the first day of class.*
As a BRCN Student you have free access to use BRCN’s MS Office365 portal.
This portal gives you the full version of the most current version of Microsoft’s Office Suite that works completely online as well as the option to install the applications locally on your personal devices.
BRCN already provides local installations of MS Office on all BRCN PCs so please do not attempt to install any applications on BRCN computers.
Please note that you will only have access to this service while a current student with an active BRCN account.
If your status changes, due to withdrawing or graduation, you will lose access to the service and all files you may have stored there. Please plan ahead for this.
To use Office365, go to the link below and login using your BRCN email as the login and your BRCN password:
- Desktop PC or Laptop (NO tablets, iPads, or Chromebooks)
- Processor: Intel i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 (Minimum) Intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 (Recommended)
- 8GB of RAM (Minimum) 16GB (Recommended)
- While not required, a Solid State Drive (SSD) is highly recommended for a better user experience.
- USB ports
- Webcam (no virtual cameras or phones as cameras)
- Microphone (May be built-in on webcam or laptop)
Windows 10 and Windows 11 are supported. Windows 10 S is NOT supported. Only genuine versions of Windows Operating Systems are supported. MacOS 11 Big Sur and above are supported. Only genuine version of Mac Operating Systems are supported.
Broadband High Speed Internet Access, Cable or DSL (2Mbps) upload speed
- Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome are supported
- Each program has different compatibilities. Some are universal while some will only work with specific browser versions; this information is provided to all users through application FAQs and Getting Started activities.
- Java installed and browser-enabled
- AdobeFlash Player
- Citrix Receiver (required for the Argo/MEDITECH portal)
- Tableau Desktop (required to use the Tableau application, download via link in VLab Academy and follow instructions to get free access) HIM ONLY
To test your computer and ensure you have the optimal standards to successfully access all of the online portals please click here:
An important part of online learning is making sure you have the tools and skills you need to be successful! Below are links that give quick tutorials that may boost your skills and abilities navigating online courses:
- Learn Computer Basics Tutorial for Beginners - Part 1
- (40 min) Topics covered include: difference between desktop/laptop, mouse, windows, Word, dialogue boxes, scroll bars, menu bar, task bar
- Learn Computer Basics Tutorial for Beginners - Part 2
- (52 min) Topics covered include: files, folders, drives, file extensions, how to copy and paste
- Internet Basics for Beginners
- (42 min) Topics covered include: browsers, search bar, favorites, tabbed browsing, web addresses
- Microsoft Office Basics
- (42 min) Reviews changes with Microsoft Office 2010 version; Word, Excel, PowerPoint