Join us for hands-on Nursing or Health Sciences Day Camps! Each participant will be awarded a certificate for attending the camp. Upon being selected to attend, the student will receive a packet of information that will require guardian signature and approval, proof of immunization records, as well as additional details. A full schedule of events will be included in the packet of information.
The Explore Nursing Day Camp will be held June 27, for high school students ages 15-17 and consists of hands-on activities including a nurse shadow experience at Blessing Hospital. Students must be 15 years of age to participate in the shadow experience. Explore Nursing participants will also receive a *$500 scholarship to Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
The Explore Health Sciences Day Camp will be held June 28, for students ages 13-17 years of age. This day will consist of hands-on activities and presentations to learn more about Respiratory Care, Health Information Management, Medical Laboratory Technology, Surgical Technology, Radiology, and Nursing.
Schedule of Events for Explore Nursing Day Camp
Register here for Explore Nursing Day Camp.
- 8:00 am – 8:15 am – Check-in at the BRCN Sim Center, 5009 Oak Street, Quincy, IL 62305 and Light Breakfast (provided)
- 8:15 am – 9:30 am – Meet with BRCN faculty and review nurse shadow expectations/requirements
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am – Hands-on Simulation and Nursing Skills experience
- 11:30 am – 12:15pm – Admissions counselors will talk about nursing program and requirements, Lunch (provided), Group Photo
- 12:15 pm – Leave for Blessing Hospital
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Shadow Registered Nurses on the hospital floors of Blessing Hospital
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm – Closing, reflection on the day, and awarding of participation certificate
- 4:30 pm – Bus returns campers to Sim Center
Schedule of Events for Explore Health Sciences Day Camp
Register here for Explore Health Sciences Day Camp.
- 8:00 am - 8:15 am - Check-in at the BRCN Sim Center, 5009 Oak Street, Quincy, IL 62305 and light breakfast (provided)
- 8:15 am - 8:30 am - Welcome, Introductions, and Surveys
- 8:30 am - 9:45 am - Hands-on Nursing and Respiratory skill experiences
- 9:45 am - 10:00 am - Break
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am - Hands-on Radiological and Surgical Technology skills experiences
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Multi-Discipline Simulation
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm - Admissions counselors will talk about the programs and requirements, Lunch (provided), Group Photo
- 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm - Medical Lab Technology
- 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm - Closing, reflection on the day, and awarding of participation certificate
For any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 1-800-877-9140 Ext. 6905. Your $20 registration deposit can be mailed to BRCN, Attn: Karen Peter, 3609 N. Marx Drive, Quincy, IL 62305.
*Awarding of the scholarship does not automatically guarantee admission to Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Students must meet all admissions requirements at the time of applying to BRCN.