Poster Printing Guidelines
Blessing Health Professions Library provides poster printing services for the departments of Blessing Health System. Posters can be printed for conferences, hospital promotional and informational materials, and student projects. We have 2 sizes of poster paper, 24” and 42” (Examples: 18 x 24, 24 x 36, 24 x 48). The 24” can be laminated if needed. The 42” is a heavyweight photo gloss paper and cannot be laminated. Poster printing request forms can be found below or on the BH BRAIN. Send the completed request form with the file to be printed. Request forms and poster files can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the file on a flash drive to the library with the printed request form. The circulation desk at the library is available for poster drop-off and pick-up. Printing is done by the library staff on a first-come, first-serve basis. If we have questions about the file, we will contact the responsible party by phone or email before the item is printed. You will be notified once the job is completed.
- The library will not edit your poster. The file that is submitted is the file that is printed.
- Only Power Point and PDF files will be accepted for printing.
- Poster templates, examples, and links to effective poster design are available below.
- Library staff will put the poster in the queue to be printed. Posters are printed 8 am – 5 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Allow 2 business days for the poster to be printed.
- We recommend you bring a cardboard or plastic storage/mailing tube or plastic trash bag to protect your finished poster when you take it from the building.
- BRCN STUDENTS: Students will fill out a separate request form and it must be signed by the designated faculty member. Contact your instructor for guidance on poster printing.
- Contact the library at x6970 if you have questions
Poster Printing Request Forms
Poster Printing Guidelines & Request Form (Word)
Poster Printing Guidelines & Request Form (PDF)
Poster form (Word)
Poster form (PDF)
The instructor will sign the form once the poster has been approved. Please bring this form to the library staff for your poster to be printed.
Distance Education Students
Distance Education Poster Printing Form (Word)
Distance Education Poster Printing Form (PDF)
On campus go to: H:Drive - All Users - Posters - find your course for poster examples.
It is important to use images licensed for your purposes. Use the Advanced Image Search supplied by Google to find images for your poster. It is important to select 'free to use or share' under usage rights. These images are free to use on your poster and are not limited by licenses or copyright.
APA Style Referencing for Posters with Images
A references section is needed if you cite others’ works in your poster, unless you inserted an abbreviated reference directly into the text. If you include citations in only one section of your poster, the references section can be placed at the end of that section; otherwise, include the references at the end or bottom of your poster. Format the references with the citation format used in the poster: number them in citation order (if you used numerical citations) or arrange them alphabetically (if you used author–date citations). Because of space limitations, references may be abbreviated.