The mission of Blessing Health Professions Library is to enhance learning, research, and patient care by effectively managing knowledge-based resources for the 21st century. This mission is accomplished with respect for our patrons through dedication to excellence, creative service approaches, and by providing a doorway to information access through new technology initiatives.
- Provide and maintain an open atmosphere of learning both in our facility and in our web presence.
- Increase initiatives in end-user training through “just-in-time” education and web tutorials.
- Enhance electronic access to information
- Provide learning support.
Scope of Service
The Blessing Health Professions Library provides a variety of informational services to meet the educational, professional and research needs of its users. The library supports the curriculum of the Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing & Health Sciences and the research needs of faculty and students, while also providing current health sciences information to Blessing Hospital and Illini Hospital physicians, staff, and patients. We also support the students of the various other schools at Blessing Hospital, Blessing Health System, and the community at large.
Recognized Standards of Practice
Standards are developed by the Blessing Health Professions Library and approved by the faculty organization of Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing & Health Sciences, using the resources listed below. These standards are used in the development of policies and procedures, long range planning, and new service initiatives.
- United States Department of Education Academic Library Survey
- Illinois State Library, I-Share Standards
- Association of College and Research Libraries Standards and Guidelines
- Standards for Hospital Libraries, Medical Library Association
- Standards of the Higher Learning Commission
- Standards of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Association of the American Colleges of Nursing Rules & Regulations of the Nurse Practice Act of the States of Illinois and Missouri