Learning new concepts can be challenging. We are here to assist you. Through the Blessing-Rieman Learning Resource Center, you receive personalized support services so you can stay on track toward earning your degree.
The Learning Resource Center at Blessing-Rieman
Our Learning Resource Center is dedicated to providing extra support whenever you need it, whether it is pushing past academic challenges or navigating program requirements.
Highlights of our Learning Resource Center include:
- Expertise: Our tutors are master’s trained and specialize in working with nursing students. Our academic advisors have years of experience providing support that allows students to meet program requirements. Meet our faculty and staff.
- Services that enable you to build critical skills: Our tutors go beyond assisting you with coursework. We teach you techniques, such as time management, that make learning easier and less stressful.
- Flexibility: Our staff is available by appointment during the day, Monday through Friday. We also offer walk-in hours where you do not need an appointment. With advance notice, we can offer one-hour evening appointments as well.
- Confidential Counseling: Our Campus Counselor provides confidential counseling services for a variety of needs as well as referral to other services. Visit the Campus Counselor page here.
Tutoring Services Available at the Learning Resource Center
At the Learning Resource Center, we work with you to develop strategies for becoming an independent, active learner. Our tutors deliver the support services you need to achieve your goals.
Services available at the Blessing-Rieman Learning Resource Center include:
- Study sessions to overcome academic challenges (group and one-on-one sessions available)
- Assistance with APA Style for papers and writing skills
- Test-taking strategies
- Time management and stress management techniques
We also offer learning resources to assist you in preparing for challenging exams. These resources include:
Academic Advising at Blessing-Rieman
All students at Blessing-Rieman must meet specific requirements to earn a degree, which may include taking specific classes or completing a research (capstone) project. Our academic advisors are right by your side, offering any support you need while you complete your academic degree requirements.
Advisors are knowledgeable about all program requirements, enabling you to stay on track toward graduating on time. Advisors provide support to:
- Plan your courses for each semester
- Solve problems related to your studies, which may include referring you to a tutor
- Register for classes if you are not able to register on your own
- Make steady progress toward graduation requirements
Accessing the Learning Resource Center
The Blessing-Rieman Learning Resource Center is located at:
The Student Services Building
1112 Spring Street
Quincy, IL 62305
There are many ways to access services in the Learning Resource Center, including:
One-hour appointments for tutoring and academic advising are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evening appointments are available if scheduled 48 hours in advance.
To make an appointment, please contact one of our nurse educators:
- Kim Erskine, Academic Advisor: 217-228-5520 ext. 6911 or email at email@example.com
- Christian White, Academic Advisor: 217-228-5520 ext. 6955 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Services are available in 15-minute increments without an appointment Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.