At Blessing-Rieman, you receive more than an excellent education. Upon graduation, you have the opportunity to join an alumni network that is 1,200 strong and represents nursing professionals from across the country. Whether you wish to stay connected to campus events or need assistance achieving new career goals, we are here to assist you.
Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing & Health Sciences: Alumni Services
Alumni relations at Blessing-Rieman date back to 1900 when graduates came together to form the Blessing Nurses Alumni Association (BNAA).
Our ambitions from that time serve as the basis for today’s Association activities, which include:
- Promoting high professional standards and ethical nursing practices
- Fostering fellowship among association members
- Assisting graduates in need
Services Available to All Blessing-Rieman Alumni
We offer special services to enable alumni to continue growing professionally after graduation, including:
- Library access: We often grant alumni online access to our journal networks. To request access, contact the Blessing Health Professions Library.
- Newsletters: Our quarterly Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing & Health Sciences Alumni & Friends Newsletter is free and keeps you up to date on campus activities. You can also stay abreast of key program highlights, such as when faculty research is published in peer-reviewed journals. For more information, contact Jenna Crabtree at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Educational programming: Alumni are welcome to attend special on-campus programming to learn more about emerging trends in nursing and health sciences. In spring 2017, our topic was Emerging Pathogens: Potential Threats & Nursing Implications.
- Opportunities to advance your education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) graduates have the opportunity to earn a master’s degree in just two years. Our online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is for working professionals interested in becoming nurse leaders or nurse educators. Find out more about our MSN Online.
- Assistance: Alumni may contact us at any time to request an official transcript. Whether you need it for your records or you are applying to graduate school, we are always happy to assist you. Request a transcript.
Give Back to Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing
Earning a degree is a significant accomplishment, and many of our alumni benefited from some assistance along the way. Donating to Blessing-Rieman allows us to continue offering the same level of support to future students.
You can give back to Blessing-Rieman by:
- Joining the BNAA: Annual membership dues are $15.
- Donating: To arrange a monetary donation, contact the Blessing Foundation.
Through your support, we can continue providing special services and events. View our events calendar.
Alumni services include:
- Financial assistance to students in need through scholarships
- An annual banquet, where we announce scholarship and Nurse of the Year award recipients
- The Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing Pinning Ceremony reception for new graduates
- A summer student recruitment camp: Explore Nursing
- Welcome Back to School pizza party in the fall
- Annual Nursing Research Day, which educates nurses about the role of research in improving patient outcomes.