Second Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Option at Blessing-Rieman
We specialize in providing a quality nursing education. You learn from experienced Ph.D. and MSN prepared faculty who have a passion for educating the next generation of nurses.
Highlights of our program include:
- Nursing expertise: All of our instructors are RNs with a master’s or Ph.D. degree in a related field. Many of our instructors are active in professional organizations, such as the American Nurses Association and the Oncology Nursing Society. We are also members of Sigma Theta Tau – an international nursing honor society. Our contributions are helping shape best practices in nursing. Find out more about our faculty and staff.
- Convenient process: As an accredited program, we accept transfer credit hours from other accredited colleges and universities, which means you may not need to repeat general education courses.
- Robust support: We offer a range of support services to assist you in reaching your education goals. Our instructors hold office hours outside of class to provide assistance when necessary. Through our Learning Resource Center, you also have access to tutors who specialize in helping nursing students.
Second Degree BSN Option Information
As a student in our Second Degree BSN option, your education includes:
- General education coursework: You can transfer courses from your bachelor’s degree, including in writing, science, and math, to help you meet many general education requirements. You may need to take additional (support) courses, such as Anatomy and Physiology, to prepare for nursing courses. See our degree plan for more information.
- Nursing coursework: You complete nursing coursework at Blessing-Rieman. We maintain low student-teacher ratios. This approach gives you more interaction with our instructors, so you can gain the most out of each class.
- Clinical experience: You practice applying course concepts in simulated and real-life clinical settings, including Blessing Hospital. Find out more about clinical experience (clinicals) and our Simulation Center.
Apply to Our Second Degree BSN Program
Our dedicated admissions counselors make it easy to navigate the application process. We are available to tell you more about our programs and answer any questions you may have. Find out more about admissions.
Take the first steps toward applying to our Second Degree BSN option by submitting:
- Official transcripts from all colleges you have attended, including the institution that granted your bachelor’s degree
- Proof of enrollment in required courses, if additional general education coursework is necessary
- An application to Blessing-Rieman, either by visiting our application portal or completing a written Second Degree BSN Option application
- Tuition Information: Nine out of 10 Blessing-Rieman students receive some form of financial aid.