ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM AT BLESSING-RIEMAN
There is an increase in the need for HIM professionals because of the rapid advances in health information technology as well as the evolving trends in health care delivery. The HIM program at Blessing-Rieman enables you to join this growing field!
Highlights of our program include:
- Focus on real-world experience: At Blessing-Rieman, you learn Health Information Management concepts in small classes from instructors who are master’s trained experts. Your education also includes 270 hours of hands-on experience.
- Career opportunities: HIM professionals often serve as directors or managers of HIM, electronic health recorder trainers, healthcare data analyst, consumer advocate managers, clinical documentation improvement specialists, and more! Read more program information.
- The support you need to be successful: Our instructors get to know you as a person, which creates a supportive learning environment. If you ever need help, our instructors hold office hours outside of class to work with you one-on-one. Tutors at our Learning Resource Center can assist you with paper writing, test-taking strategies, and managing anxiety.
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM INFORMATION
HIM Professionals primarily serve the healthcare industry in departments where patient data or health information is collected and stored. We teach you how to use your knowledge and skills in a variety of healthcare settings.
As a student in our Health Information Management Program, your education includes:
- General education coursework: Before starting HIM classes, you must complete 20 credit hours of courses in topics such as Speech, English, and Anatomy & Physiology. You may take these courses at any accredited college or university. View the Degree Plan.
- HIM care coursework: You complete HIM coursework at Blessing-Rieman. The courses will enable you to acquire the marketable skills and knowledge to ensure accuracy, usefulness and integrity of patient health information, assess and strategically plan for healthcare data and information needs, apply leadership skills toward the implementation of electronic health information systems, and manage new operational as well as technology related projects.
- High quality education: The HIM program is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Read more about our Accreditation.
APPLY TO OUR ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Our dedicated admissions counselors make it easy to apply to Blessing-Rieman. We are available to tell you more about our programs and answer any questions you may have. Find out more about admissions.
Take the first steps toward applying to our HIM program by submitting:
- An application to Blessing-Rieman, either by visiting our application portal or completing a written application for admission
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Financial aid forms: Nine out of 10 Blessing-Rieman students receive some form of financial aid.